Many Outdoor Recreation Opportunities!
It's rare that you will come across a community that offers so many opportunities for outdoor recreation. Sure, many areas will offer a city park or two. And some areas across the country are located near National Forests, although those are often in remote locations.
In the case of Prescott AZ though? This area offers so much in the way of things to do outside. And incredibly enough, the community also offers just about everything you'd want in a place you live! National Forest land all around the city. Many city parks as well. Actually, more city parks than a community this size would normally offer.
The town is a perfect place to visit on your next vacation if you want to spend your days hiking, or riding your mountain bike, or paddling along a scenic lake shore ringed in by stunning rock and cliff formations.
Prescott has it all!
What should I do today?
On your next visit to the area, "What should I do today," isn't a tough question to answer. There's so much to do you'll need to budget time to get it all in. A few examples? Sure, we can help with that!
- Rent a Kayak or Canoe on Watson Lake or Goldwater Lake. Paddle the shoreline, enjoy a day floating on the water, or bring along your fishing gear for a relaxing day on the water.
- Hike in Prescott. Seriously there are so many hiking trails in this area, picking which one will be your toughest decision of the day.
- Ride your Mountain Bike on the Prescott Circle Trail. Over 54 miles in length, it could be your next epic ride!
- Set off on a horeseback riding adventure in Granite Basin. With horse trailer parking and access to miles and miles of trails, Granite Basin is a great launching point for your next adventure with your horse.
- Enjoy a day at one of the many city parks! Goldwater Lake, Willow Lake, and Watson lake all offer family friendly facilities for a picnic day with amazing scenery all around you.
- Hike the peaks surrounding Everybody's Hometown.
There's plenty more to do. And that's part of the reason we're building Explore Prescott. To help you plan your next adventure in the area, and make sure you get the most out of your next visit.